Don’t use anything that is irritating. Like skin care products such as Salicylic Acid, Proactive Products, Retin A, Clean and Clear, or others, while going through electrolysis treatments.
The evening of your treatment and on the day of treatment use as little moisturizer as possible. None is preferred.
For the first 3 days after a treatment:
1. You may find your skin may have some swelling and redness in the treated area. This is normal and a good sign. This condition should disappear within an hour or two but generally lasts a day or so.
2. Some, if any, very slight scabbing (these scabs are very small and at the point of treatment) can happen at times. Be careful not to remove scabs. Let them heal naturally. At the next session be sure to tell us how much scabbing you had so we can adjust the treatment. We do not like for you to have any scabbing.
4. Keep the area(s) clean and dry to facilitate healing. Don’t touch, rub, scratch or squeeze the treated area. Avoid anything that would irritate the skin while it is healing.
5. After cleansing pat dry, apply Aloe Very gel at night and in the morning for 3 nights and 3 mornings and as needed for irritation. Do not use alcohol on the treated area it is too harsh for the skin. DO NOT use moisturizer as it can cause blemishes.
6. No makeup in the treatment area for 3 days after your treatment. It can block the open hair follicles causing blemishes. The older the makeup the greater the chances of infection. You may use tinted sun block available in our office as a temporary foundation makeup. Or if using a compact you can clean with an alcohol pad so that it keeps the make-up from retaining bacteria that could irritate the skin more.
7. No Ice: The swelling is a result of the treatment and facilitates the destruction of the hair germ cells. We do not recommend the application of ice. It un-does what we have just tried to destroy. Ice applied directly on your skin for any reason for longer than 5 or 10 minutes encourages frost bite.
8. Do not sunbathe for 3 days after your treatment.
9. With Very Coarse Hair or In the Unlikely Event You Develop Pustules
As often as needed apply:
2 Tbs. Epsom salts or more
2 Cups very warm filtered water – This may be cooled to apply to the skin, after the solution is made.
Dip a clean wash cloth into the solution
Apply to the treated area gently for 15 – 30 minutes.
Do not rub or scratch, pat dry, then apply Aloe Vera Gel to the area.